Saturday 26 March 2011

Etsy Find: Cassia Beck

One thing I wanted to do when I started this blog was to provide a little bit of inspiration, no matter how big or small, on homewares and interior decoration. Maybe to uncover something you wouldn't normally have found or to show you something in a different light. Hopefully this is something I have achieved with today's post. When browsing the handmade on-line store Etsy, I stumbled across Cassia Beck's photography and I just had to share my findings with you. Cassia's colour-saturated lomography really stood out to me- the blurred edges, subtle scratches and often random subjects are really romantic, and provoke a feeling of nostalgia. Just look at her beautiful prints.
I think these would look great in a kitchen, maybe two or three together.
If the green tones in the lomography are a bit too heavy and you're looking for something softer, try her sister shop Lola's Room for some toned-down girly prints.
Yellow telephones, typewriters accessorized with butterflies and ditzy flower-print wallpaper, bliss! These are perfect for a girls room don't you think? Or maybe framed in some chunky white frames in a bedroom? Either way, I'm fitting them in somewhere! There's so many more prints on her Etsy shop so take half an hour and have a browse. I hope I've inspired at least some of you today!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...