Monday 9 May 2011

9 of the Best... Cushions

Being spurred on from winning three Laura Ashley cushions today (I know, how exciting!), I have put together my picks of the best cushions around at the minute. Those of you who are regular readers of my blog will know that I love a good cushion so it has taken me a very long time to whittle it down to just nine, so I hope you like my selections! If not, I'm sure a cushion or two may feature in future posts!
1. Lemon cushion, Jonathan Adler
2. Sanderson 150th Anniversary Advert cushion, John Lewis
3. Vintage Floral cushion, Marks & Spencer
4. Owl cushion by Donna Wilson for John Lewis
5. Pink Seaweed cushion, Natural History
6. Poivre Noir cushion, H & M
7. Skull and Crossbones, John Lewis
8. Bad Egg cushion by Craig Fellows for Not on the High Street
9. Sunlight Through Leaves cushion, Ella Doran

Wow, that took a LOT of condensing; I could have easily featured about 50 cushions here! Though I must admit I had a lot of fun researching!
I do think cushions are a great tool for updating your space, at such a low cost and low effort too. They can completely alter the feel of a room. They can add humour, add femininity, add warmth or create a certain edgy-ness to your space. For example the skull and crossbones may look a bit severe on its own, but pared with a white sofa and maybe a pale pink throw it adds a much needed darker feel. And vise-versa, a floral cushion will look great in a minimalist room.

For those of you who are interested in which Laura Ashley cushions I won today, click here. I won them through the blog Style Made Simple, which is running another competition soon so keep checking for updates!

I do hope you like my top picks, would love to know if you have any favourites!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...