Friday 27 May 2011

Sweet Pastels at Ikea

What a fine Friday morning it is here! The sun is streaming through the windows and I am up and about at a very reasonable hour (very unlike me). Just the perfect time to share with you some beautifully styled images from those lovely people at Livet Hemma, Ikea's sister site. I have blogged before about how inspired I am by Livet Hemma, so many ideas, tips, photos and all the latest product news. Their latest editions, below, just make me love them more.
Today's images are very 'me' indeed. A backdrop of white, brightened up by fresh colours in the bedlinen, flowers and vintage pieces. Note the lovely wooden stool and pale pink lace shirt.
These sets really remind me of the styling by Atlanta Bartlett and Dave Coote in their book Pale & Interesting, which I bought just a couple of weeks ago. So relaxed and calm, but with an overriding vintage feel. Lots of neutrals, whites, greys, pastels brought to life with a flash of colour in the soft furnishings. It's a great ideas book, get one if you don't have it already.

But back to today, key pieces from Livet Hemma's room set are the white SOCKERÄRT vase (also available in blue), the KAJSA BLAD bedlinen and the STYRSÖ simple white wire tables which come in a set of three.

{All images: Livet Hemma}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...