Thursday 20 October 2011

Lubna Chowdhary: Design Inspiration

Hello, hope you are all well and enjoying this lovely blustery, autumnal weather? I, for one, wouldn't change it for the world! Today I'm having a lazy day browsing the web, drinking tea and being wrapped up in my John Lewis cranberry lambswool blanket. So it's a good day for me! Anyway, whist browsing all the lovely e-magazines and blogs out there, I came across the work of ceramicist Lubna Chowdhary and wanted to share her work with you. Although Lubna predominantly creates hand-crafted tiles, I've fallen in love with her handmade storage jars below...
These jars have hand-glazed lids in her popular 'Trust' design. Another favourite are her Origami series. I absolutely LOVE the colour combinations of these, muted but fresh at the same time. I think they would create a striking kitchen splash-back.
Lubna has a great selection of tiles and also works to commissions. Her blog catalogues her bespoke work so why not have a look for some Thursday afternoon inspiration?

{All images: Lubna Chowdhary}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...