Thursday 26 January 2012

A New Year

Wow, how did it get to the 26th of January already? Time seems to fly when you're having fun doesn't it? Anyway, I apologise for the lack of posting on here recently, Christmas and New Year seemed to pass in a flash and it's been all-go since going back to work shortly after.

I want my first post of 2012 to be a positive one and so want to air my resolutions with you for the year ahead. It's something that a lot of thought has gone into and I've been mulling over them for a while.
To begin, my first new years resolution is to read more, absorb more and generally take note more. In a world which is full of on-line and printed content, it's easy to just skim the images sometimes and miss the meaning. So this year I want to make more of an effort to read, learn, enjoy and make the most of the wealth of information that surrounds us. Yes, there will be a day where my Bloglovin' count reaches 200+ but I vow to get through it all, no matter how long it takes.

Secondly, I want to be more productive. I want to make sure that if I'm doing something I'm going to do it right. Everyone has those days where they think 'that'll do' but I hope this year to stop if I know I'm not at my best and come back to it when I know I will do better. I want to manage my time more effectively and make sure I am using my time wisely.

Lastly, and one that my boyfriend should appreciate, is my aim to horde less. I have an overwhelming tendency to keep things 'just in case' but this year I hope to change that and aim to live by the words of the great British designer and poet William Morris:

''Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful''.

Here's hoping that I can follow through with my intentions and 2012 will be a positive, productive and happy (and clutter free!) New Year!

Happy New Year! x

{Image: Amy Merrick}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...