Wednesday 29 February 2012

I've Been Thrifting Again!

I've been thrifting again and this time I've uncovered some GEMS. Here is my loot from my last couple of trips.

I found this mid-century sewing box in my home town centre and decided to walk away, convincing myself that I didn't have the room for it. But an hour after I got home I was on the phone to my mum begging her to pick it up for me as I just couldn't live without it! Luckily it was still there and I could bring it home with me that next day. Phew. The floral pillow was a lovely little find I thought as you don't see many circular-shaped ones any more so I snapped it up straight away. The only problem is that it had a decidedly large rectangular pillow stuffed inside it, so I'm now on the lookout for circular cushion pads. Recommendations are greatly welcome!

Below is a selection of other bits and pieces I came across on my travels.

The fabric scraps were a bargain at 75p each and are great for me as I'm just learning to sew after getting a lovely Singer sewing machine for Christmas. My plan is to start simple and turn these fabric remnants into envelope-flap cushion covers. I will approach zips and buttons with caution and in due course! I fell in love with the leather saddle bag as it's just so teeny tiny! I don't know if it will be entirely practical as I can't fit anything inside it, but at least it looks pretty! My other buys were the sweet crochet hangers, vintage pale pink cotton and these dessert glasses (which came as a set of 6).

{Images: Laura Blanksby for High Street Home}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...